Thursday, June 25, 2015

Watercolored Unity

I have two cards for you today using some Unity stamps. I love that their stamps are huge and still the old-fashioned rubber on cling.


The first one was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Distress inks. The sentiment is by Penny Black. The wings and tag were highlighted with some fancy Want2Scrap bling. The card base, tag and lace are by Hobby Lobby. I hope you're not getting tired of the striped backgrounds. I bought a 50-card set at 50% off. You can't beat the price and the colors are lovely.
Unity2

The layout was inspired by the Unity Be Inspired Challenge and the colors by ColourQ. I'm also entering this to the SSS Wed challenge.
Unity2a
For my second card, I colored directly onto the stamp and spread the color around with water on the stamped image. I splattered some water colors to add interest. The sentiment is by Penny Black and bling by Want2Scrap.
Unity
This card is inspired by the Color Throwdown, I'm also entering this to the SSS Wed challenge.
Unity1
This is it for me today. It's a scorcher here in the south. I hope you're enjoying fine weather where you are.
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! I love how you layered some bling over the angel's wings! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous! I love that you cut that tasg so short! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards Nina - I love how you can take something simple and make it look so wonderful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both beautiful cards. I love Unity stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    what very beautiful creations.
    Wonderful designs too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are both such amazing cards! Love your watercolor touches! That jar of flowers is so gorgeous and a perfect way to highlight the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards, brilliant watercolouring and your colour choices are fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are gorgeous, Nina...such pretty coloring techniques and awesome stamps!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Such lovely images!! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are beautiful! the second one is my favorite. the coloring is stunning on it. So glad you joined the Unity Be Inspired Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards. I especially love the design of the first one - what a stunning image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards Nina, love how you've added the bling to the fairy wings, very clever.
    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just amazing! Love how you've done these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails