Friday, June 19, 2015

Watercolored Butterfly Cards

Before I show today's cards, a few people asked about what I meant by wet on wet technique from a previous post. here's a Youtube video that shows you what it is and how to do it. I love it for coloring backgrounds.

I have 2 CAS cards for you today using a big butterfly stamp by Indigo Blu. These were so quick and easy to make. I applied Distress markers directly on the stamp before making an impression on the water color paper.

For the first one, I added more watercolors on the stamped image and while it's wet, I loaded my brush with clean water and barely touched the wet color on the paper. This made the ink "bleed" as you see on my card. The sentiment from Tim Holtz Just Saying was heat embossed. The pearls are by Want2Scrap.
Indigo-Butterfly
This card is inspired by the following challenges: Paper Players (colors), Fusion (inspiration photo), Our Creative Corner (smile), SSS Wednesday (favorite technique: watercoloring), Card Concept (Butterfly effect), Muse (inspiration), ATS Challenge (CAS).
Indigo-Butterflyd
For my second card, I spritz water directly onto the stamped image. Because orange and blue are complementary colors, when they are mixed, they make a neutral color. In this case, a dark grayish brown. The sentiment is by Avery Elle. The rhinestones are by Want2Scrap.
Indigo-Butterfly2
This card is inspired by the following challenges: Fusion (inspiration photo), Our Creative Corner (smile), SSS Wednesday (favorite technique: watercoloring), Card Concept (Butterfly effect), ATS Challenge (CAS).
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. What an awesome watercolor! This is a gorgeous card, and the colors look so awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scale of this big butterfly and how you've used the colours so beautifully! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you are having Nina - love the results, particularly the red and blue one.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, such a fabulous technique.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just gorgeous! Wonderful color combinations! Especially loving the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Nina! Thanks fr playing along at Muse this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh !!! GORGEOUS :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the watercolour / artsy look. Spotted this on the Muse Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh I am just in love with this card... both of them!! It is brilliant and so beautiful!! I will instantly get better if I received that card.. What an excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABulous watercolour butterflys Nina - LOVE! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the big, bold butterfly and the AWESOME result from the water coloring technique that you used! Great job interpreting the inspiration photo. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge and also for sharing the link to the how-to video....which is my next stop today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card, the technique you used looks beautiful against the white. Your butterfly made me smile. Thank you for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your techniques too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that patriotic butterfly Nina! It took my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous butterfly cards Nina!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails