Friday, June 22, 2012

A Very Special Post

Today is a very special post that I am so honored to write. And that is because today is the 50th wedding anniversary of two very dear people, my in-laws! Happy 50th anniversary, Mom and Dad! Wow, they were beautiful then, even more beautiful now as their marriage and life together have been a testimony of God's grace and love. 
I have personally been blessed greatly from this union and lavished with God's goodness by their love, example and producing my Kris :). Here's an anniversary card that doesn't seem to be enough to show how we feel about Mom and Dad.
Anniversary
This next card is totally appropriate for the occasion. Because of their marriage, I have known happiness beyond my expectation and definitely beyond what I deserve by their raising a wonderful son. And they are the best in-laws any girl could ever ask for. I have seen firsthand their love and care for each other (you still see them hold hands...so sweet), their faith and trust in Christ, and their never-ending sacrifice and service to their family. I am truly thankful that God has brought them to my life. I still remember the first time I met them, way back when Kris and I were still dating. They flew from GA to CA to meet me and in an instant they made me feel part of their family.
Happiness-Is...
We love you, Mom and Dad, and wish we could be there to honor and celebrate two of our most favorite people in the world! Here are a couple of my favorite photos with them. They were taken when we made a surprise visit to GA in 2010. I love the expressions on their face. You can see my original post here.
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. What a blessing this couple is!!
    Beautiful cards Nina.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and great sets! Nice job and what a pleasant post to read honoring 50 years of marriage! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a lovely post Nina, you are truly blessed to have such wonderful in-laws, and role models for your own family. Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo of your in laws and the surprise visit! How wonderful that you were able to do that, and I'm sure they know how much you guys love and miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures make me cry every time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Nina, I am sitting here with tears running down my face! What a wonderful testimony of your in-laws. You know, not many people can hold their in-laws in such esteem! You are a wonderful daughter-in-law, my friend, and your cards are gorgeous - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this really made me cry. But, most of all, this made me so very proud of you. We raised a wonderful daughter who is compassionately grateful. We, too, are very thankful to Jim and Jimmie Ann for producing such the finest individual we have ever had the privilege of knowing. I love these surprised pictures of them. And I love them dearly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise the Lord---Nina!!! That is so very special that you honor, love, and respect your precious in-laws like that!! I've not had the honor of having in-laws as my husband lost his parents when he was 14. But I pray to be super in-laws some day for a beautiful son and or daughter to be---in the future---you are precious:) be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tribute Nina and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing a bit of your family with us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a post! So heartfelt and those pictures really brought tears to my eyes! And reading the other comments not just me! :> Love your pretty cards! :> 50 years is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They I am sure love you as much as you do them! What a wonderful, heartfelt tribute . You are so special Nina to even those who have never met you in person. You have been blessed with creativity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how sweet! You are truly blessed, Nina!
    LOVE your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails